The Samsung Galaxy S I9000 is Samsung’s first entry into its Galaxy S series of Android smartphones. It’s a beast that tops the food chain, and rules ruthlessly over the mobile domain.
The Samsung I9000 Galaxy S is a wild beast that cannot be meddled with. No sir, this creature needs to be befriended because once it lets you on for a ride; it will give you the ride of a lifetime.
The Galaxy S I9000 has a 480×800 Super AMOLED touchscreen display with a 5 Mega Pixel rear camera and a 0.3 Mega Pixel VGA front camera, powered by a 1 GHz processor. The Galaxy S I9000 is 9.9 mm in thickness, which had made it the thinnest smartphone on the market when it was released.
Also, using manual installation Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000 can be upgraded to Android 4.3 Jelly. This enables it to access all features all Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean) goodies.
The Galaxy S I9000 is a mid-range phone with its price falling in the range of 12k to 19k depending on the vendor.
The prominent features:
• 3G Band: 900 / 1900 / 2100MHz
• HSDPA 7.2Mbps / HSUPA 5.76Mbps Data Speed
• Android 2.3 Gingerbread OS
• 1GHz CPU clock speed
• S5PC111 CPU
• 122.4 x 64.2 x 9.9mm – handset size
• 118g – handset weight
• Super AMOLED (C-type) display
• WVGA (800 x 480) Sub display resolution
• 4.0″ Sub display size
• 16M Main display colour depth
• Full Touch screen
• 1500 mAh standard battery capacity
• Up to 803 minutes (2G), up to 393 minutes (3G) standard.
• Up to 750 hours (2G), up to 576 hours (3G) standby
• 5 MP Camera Resolution
• Digital zoom
• Auto Focus
• Shot mode: Single / Continuous / Panorama / Beauty / Vintage / Self / Action / Add me / Cartoon / Smile
• Photo effects: Normal / Negative / Black & White / Sepia
• White balance supported
• ISO: supported
• Focus range: 120cm
• Aperture: F2.6
• Camera file formats: JPG
• Second Camera resolution: VGA
• Second Camera focus range: 22cm
• Second Camera aperture: F2.8
• 720 x 1280
• Video frame rate is 30 fps
• Video player
• Video recorder
• Video telephony
• User interface: Full Touch Screen
• User memory: 2GB*
• SMS storage: Unlimited (Up to available memory) SMS
• Phonebook (Unlimited – Up to available memory)
• Expandable memory (MicroSD up to 32GB)
• Nand memory: 16GB / 8GB
Music & Sound
• Music player
• 64 Polyphonic Ringtone
• MP3 ringtones
• DRM (OMA DRM v1.0 Full)
• Music library
• Predictive Text Input T9
• VCard / vCalendar (MMS)
• Instant Messaging (Google Talk)
• Bluetooth (v3.0)
• Bluetooth V2.0
• USB mass storage
• Internet browser (Chrome-Lite)
• SyncML (DS)
• SyncML (DM)
• WiFi (802.11b/g/n)
• Bluetooth profiles: GAP / SSP / SDAP / HSP / HFP1.5 / A2DP / AVRCP / SPP / DUN / FTP / OPP / PBAP
• PC Sync (Samsung Kies PC software)
Personal Information Management:
• World time
• Memo book
• Countdown timer
• Mobile Tracker
• C-type Touch Screen
Call Function :
• Caller ID
• Dialled / missed / received calls
Samsung Galaxy S I9000: DISPLAY
The largest Super AMOLED display in business is a great feat but the Samsung Galaxy S I9000 won’t stop there yet. The slim-fit case has room for a 1 GHz processor and a 5 MP camera with HD video recording, while the Android Éclair OS is the latest.
Anyway, Éclair it is – with the Samsung’s home-brewed TouchWiz UI on top, which is already found to notably improve the usability of the interface. You also have a choice between 8 and 16 GB of internal storage. It is more than enough to store those DivX and XviD videos that Galaxy S can play right out of the box.
The Galaxy S is all made of plastic. It is not of any concern as it wasn’t a problem for the Omnia series mobiles like Omnia or Omnia II or Omnia HD. The blue-dotted exterior of the phone, is definitely for the attention seekers, but it may not be to everyone’s liking.
But however eccentric, the Samsung I9000 Galaxy S back is nowhere near where majority people look. The magnificent 4” Super AMOLED display of WVGA resolution is as close to perfection as we have seen on a mobile phone and you just can’t help but admire it.
The sensitivity is very good which is to be expected from a capacitive touchscreen device. The gentlest of touches will suffice, however gloves and styluses may be troublesome.
In a nutshell, the Samsung I9000 Galaxy S display is the key feature that will probably sell this phone to a bulk of phone enthusiasts. So far, the best display choice was a matter of compromise for either sunlight legibility or resolution contrast. Super AMOLED units are in no mood to compromise. This display is just an irresistible package.
Samsung Galaxy S I9000 not only has a performance edge over its competitors, it also is better in terms of usability thanks to TouchWiz. Also the royal Super AMOLED display is a great reason on its own to buy the Galaxy S I9000.
Be warned though, it is that you’ll ever go back to TFT. Which means, the question you need to ask is if you’re ready for a long-term relationship with Samsung.
What's your reaction?