Everything’s fair in love and war, and this is war. A war that has been raging since October 2009 when -the then no so famous company- SAMSUNG launched its first android phone i7500 as an attempt to challenge the emperor to the throne NOKIA.
The wheel of time rolled over, 2013 it is, SAMSUNG undoubtedly today is the emperor while NOKIA stands midst tones of companies who are engaged in a civil war to attain the top spot in the market.
LUMIA 1020, is the latest blow by NOKIA right on the face of SAMSUNG, and other contemporary companies. It stands out the Nokia launched this 41 MP image stabilized missile to conquer the niche market of camera phones. Samsung with its S4 Zoom, could have won the battle single headedly since the only contender on from nokia’s side, its pure view isn’t a smart phone at all.
The new phone the Lumia 1020, is result of merger of the earlier Lumia 920, an above the top windows smart phone, and –yes you guessed it right- the Nokia Pure View.
With a 41 MP camera capacity, it seems obvious to run out of memory space and your internet plan too, coz, hey we live in connected world, and the only reason for a photograph being clicked is that it may be uploaded to facebook or instagram, or shared on whatsapp. But a 41 MP photo? So now i have to always convert the pic using some creepy compressor app, that will decay the quality. But no, you don’t have to do that, the Lumia 1020 is smart enough to do so itself, with every picture it on an automatic basis clicks another one in approximately 5 MP quality, so as to be shared through your precious 3G or 4G plan.
On the memory side, Nokia Lumia 1020 has a 32 gig internal memory and a 7GB skyDrive subscription that comes out of the box, both can be upgraded with an sd card and extra money, respectively.
On a good day this camera phone can beat one on one a not so good DSLR, but the day needs to be a really good one. But the mobility and the handy approach of Nokia Lumia 1020 makes it sort of unnecessary to buy and carry a DSLR. Needless to add about the image and the video correction apps, they truely are the best you can get.
Coming out with the Windows 8 platform, Lumia surely is no kiddy, we have all thumbs up to grab it as soon as we can, but we still have to wait since the advance bookings start from 16th of July and the roll out begins on 26th of july 2013 with an expected price of $299 and above.
Europe will see this Lumia gizmo somewhere around September, and like always we have to wait a little more here in India.
My verdict.. if you love photography, love to have the best of technology, want to carry your world around you and want to always be the one to capture the action this one device surely deserves your pocket ! thumbs up for the Nokia Lumia Camera Phone.
Specifications of Nokia Lumia 1020:
- 2 GB RAM, 32 GB internal memory
- 7 GB Sky drive storage.
- 4.5 inch AMOLED WXGA (1280 x 768) Gorilla Glass 3, PureMotion HD+ ClearBlack,
- Super sensitive touch for glove and nail usage.
- 1.5 GHz dual-core Snapdragon. (no word on version)
- PureView 41 MP sensor with Image Stabilization (OIS), Backside-illuminated image sensor, 6 lens optics, High resolution zoom 3x, Auto focus, Xenon Flash, LED for video, 1080p video at 30 fps, Includes Nokia Pro Camera mode and Nokia Smart Camera Mode.
- HD 1.2 Megapixel wide angle.
- Size : 130.4 x 71.4 x 10.4 mm
- USB 2.0, BT 3.0, NFC with SIM based security, WLAN a/b/g/n, A-GPS , 3.5 mm audio jack
- 2000 mAh battery, Wireless Charging supported via accessory cover
- IHF speakers, 2 microphones, HD voice compliant, 3.5 mm AV jack.